"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Sunday 28 October 2012

Scary Movie This Week: Rosemary's Baby

Since it's Halloween this week, and I am looking forward to some alone time, Papa will probably be joining me when I watch this, so I can prepare the caramel popcorn, soda and gummy worms in that plastic cauldron container of ours.

So...

I will be kicking off my slippers and put the speakers on in full volume while watching Rosemary's Baby (1968). I first saw this when I was 10 and didn't really understand it, and my memory is kinda fuzzy. But I will be able to enjoy some quiet time this week and I could scream my ass off when the scary scenes roll in.

Movie Posters 



I particularly like old, vintage posters and this one really does it for me, part of the 1968 release.


This one is a more recent poster, but still, the chilly feeling of the movie stays. 

Synopsis

A young couple move into a new apartment, only to be surrounded by peculiar neighbors, habits and occurrences. When the young wife becomes pregnant mysteriously, paranoia and delusions over the safety of her unborn child begins to take over her mind and her life. (imdb.com)

Scenes from the Movie 





Facts

Film Director Roman Polanski suffered the art inspiring real-life tragedy as his wife Sharon Tate was stabbed to death by the Manson Family while she was pregnant. The film's composer died of a brain clot, similar to a character in the film's predicament, just as soon as the film was done. 

I don't know about you, but I think it is included as one of the cursed movies of the century. I read it somewhere, can't remember though.

And I could write about the whole movie and its highlights soon after I empty the popcorn tub. 

What else will you be doing this week? 

Leave a comment below!

8 comments:

  1. Roman Polanski. Isn't he the guy who directed The Pianist? I've never tried watching old films. This sounds really creepy. @@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay sounds new to me. Seems creepy ha! Yay! :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh interesting ha.. But I'm really not fond of horror films :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ngayon lang Kai because it's the season... Hehehe

      Delete
  4. UGHHHH I watched this before too, nung mahilig pa ako sa old horror movies.
    What really scared me about this recently was E! Channel's 'Hollywood Curses' feature about this. About the director ata yun..
    Anyway, cult movies are really making me O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, lamo ngayon lang ako makakaindulge and I am trying to remember why I am picking this movie ba naman... Hehehe

      Delete