"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 20 June 2013

What I Am Currently Reading On Where

I have been dreaming about an ebook reader for some time now. I've done research and even compared prices. I think you can recall it here in one of my posts from way back. But when the mind wanders and the heart wishes, there are ways for just thoughts to materialize in actuality.

Last month, I unexpectedly received a big blessing from my grandfather which was already enough to buy a decent ebook reader. It served as an advanced birthday gift. I added just a little and it was enough to buy a good device- a tablet that can function well as an ebook reader. Now I think this is one birthday gift that still gives me the chills. It is one of the more extravagant presents I have received, (I would not even spend that much on myself). But I got my wish, and a better unit too.




So now, I am using the tablet as an ebook reader. As for the rest of the family, tablet means Candy Crush. And I just want to share what I am currently reading...

I found this book in one of my suki shops online and I thought I could first try out some resources online just in case so I could save money instead of buying books and having to pay for the shipping fee. Luckily, there is an epub version online.


I am enjoying this! It has a lot of rich experiences and insights- but I am not going to spoil it all, I have a book review next for this alright? But it has positive reviews online already. I will share my thoughts on this and a background on Tom Rachman when it's ready! 

Have a great weekend guys! =D



6 comments:

  1. I read a synopsis of that novel and it seems interesting. I'd like to read it sometime; currently, there are a lot of books on my reading list :)

    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my post for the details! Please link back to me when you've answered the questions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aviva thank you so much for dropping by and for the tag! That is so thoughtful of you! I will get to work on this and I could tag you back.

      Delete
  2. hey mai, where do you download your epub books? :)
    I have a lot of epubs.. I took them from jilly..hehe
    but since I'm alone in this place with no familiar friends around,I have no one to give me resources..:D
    I miss you to bits...^_^

    -michelle lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Mich I can send some to you via email! =D

      Delete
  3. How things have changed in the reading world!... now it is tablets and e-books....hope you find the ebooks that you like to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Doc and these days it is rare to see people with paperbacks already, it's more about slimmer ebook readers and how they can carry a hundred books in a single tablet. I also downloaded some titles I am after. =D

      Delete