"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Monday 27 May 2013

Review: Human Nature Lucky in Love Mineral Hydrating Lipstick

My lip balm also from Human Nature is already exhausted, so I went to the branch and had to pick up a replacement. The one that I got is a deep red shade, Human Nature calls it Lucky in Love, and it is dark almost like wine.

More about the lipstick, it contains passion fruit oil that come from the farms of Davao, so one can be quite proud to patronize the efforts of the Filipino farmers here. I find that the mineral makeup from Human Nature has improved so much from its first launch, and I will be explaining more later in this post.


In the meantime, you might have noticed that Human Nature is one of the leading brands boasting of the cruelty free stamp which means that the mineral makeup being manufactured are free of animal testing. Now that is a company with a heart for nature! 

If you want to patronize other products with similar principles, you can look for the rabbit logo with the cruelty free stamp and the big ears shaped like a heart. This campaign seeks to take animals out of cosmetic testing and it is not only picking up awareness in the Philippines but also all over the world. 


So what did I think about the product? To be honest I am a one lipstick at a time person. During my college days, I didn't put on lipstick, but I used lip gloss until I emptied the little tube of Mary Kay. It was only after college that I discovered a carmine-free alternative. For those who don't know, carmine is a substance that come from crushed insects to produce that red pigment being used in lipstick. I can only imagine what other brands are still using it. 


Pros

Here are some points on why I like the improved formulation of Human Nature's Mineral Hydrating Lipstick:

  • It is highly pigmented and gives off a rich, dark color which is appropriate for evening events
  • It also smells like bubblegum ( I know the campaign says it is passion fruit scented)
  • The lipstick glides on very well and it does moisturize and produces a subtle shine
  • I find it quite affordable at only Php 225.00 so that the average Filipina can afford it 
  • Both the box and the tube legibly displays the expiration date 



Here you can see the list of ingredients that are used to produce the lipstick. Rest assured it is free of lake dyes and lead. 


Cons

And of course, there are some things that I did not approve of:

  • The color wears off after a few hours so I have to discreetly reapply
  • I find that it is not food proof and smudge proof
  • I need two coats to achieve the color that I like

The Verdict

Even with the pros and cons already enumerated, the question remains: Is it worth spending on?

The answer is yes, the pros still overweight the cons, and not only do I get a makeup product, but I know that I can also help animals by buying Cruelty Free products and also improve the lives of Filipino farmers. 

How about you? Have you tried any Human Nature makeup or products? What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below!

If you are feeling lucky, you can still join my Oasap International Giveaway here

P.S. I have just subscribed for my first ever beauty box but it won't be shipped until July because the June subscriptions are already sold out. You will find out which box it is until it finally arrives! In the meantime, I have other products to review and another giveaway is due!=D 

5 comments:

  1. i agree with your pros and cons list, nevertheless the peace of mind it brings (no harmful ingredients) is what makes it worth buying :) btw, I am using their Sweet Nectar shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to really try that! Also their formulation is really improving as well as the pigments! =p

      Delete
  2. Infairness love the color, its ok if the color would easily off, lagay nalang lagay lol! at least affordable nmn sya, nice review po..

    ReplyDelete