"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Sunday 1 December 2013

Unboxing Salad Box October 2013, Not The Best Experience I've Had So Far

Last September, when Salad Box announced that they were having their anniversary during October, I immediately felt that there were redeeming hopes of Salad Box impressing its subscribers once more. What made me go for this idea was the promise of this:


I subscribed for the 3 month box for October-December, and was thinking that I could use the items in this box for new looks and to experiment with color for the season. Well for one thing, the boxes were sent late. Unlike the other subscription boxes which could be expected around the middle of each month, Salad Box sent the October box already at the last days of October, and it arrived here around the first week of November.


The curation card says it all right here. At the back of the card it also says that the second batch of Clou Pearl Manicures got stranded in Customs so Salad Box will be sending it over together with my November box. So, they better keep that in mind...




I've started using the Sakura Foot and Heel Lotion already and I think I'm about to empty it. That's what I get for receiving 50ml samples, it has a mild and fresh fragrance and also feels cool to the touch. It's also my favorite between the two because I compulsively reach out for it every time I look at my dry feet. Hmm, it's got some use to me after all. 

As for the Hand and Nail Cream, it seems to be made of the same formulation as the Foot and Heel Lotion, but I would have preferred a more citrusy scent. It's a good moisturizer though.




The thing about the Duchess Sofia Makeup Brush Set was that I was expecting them to be a pro set, not just a travel set. Refer to topmost photo. But at least this could serve as a handy set for travels because I gave my previous set away to my sis who needed one. I've been using the powder brush together for the blushes that I have and it's become a staple in my bag too. 

As for the White Musk by Alyssa Ashley, it's a small sample which I gave away to my brother. I tried it for the first time to work one Friday and it was a warm scent that was quite relaxing and similar to Celine's Oriental Summer. But White Musk is minus the sweet tail that comes with Oriental Summer. 

And... I'm still awaiting the Clou Pearl Manicure set. Oh look and it's already December. Where could my November box be? 

Giveaways:


19 comments:

  1. I have never tried Salad Box yet, but reading your experience has made me even more hesitant to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting out the two more boxes that will arrive. I've gifted my Sis a Glamourbox for December so I could compare. =)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh I was typing an extra long comment then POOF! :(

    Anyway, I tried out Salad Box once and decided right away that our relationship wouldn't work. LOL~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jannie you better take your money and hopes elsewhere... I was looking forward to a redeeming factor pa naman since it's their anniversary...

      Delete
  3. OMGWTF?! I Those Sakura hand/foot creams were the same products that they gave exactly a year ago (first box). I'm not saying that it's exactly the same tube or that they were from last year's batch, but jheeze. Bad bad bad box. I was subscribed to them for three months last year (oct-dec) and I didn't renew it and I have no plans of renewing. Thanks for sharing your unboxing experience to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hala I didn't know bout the creams from last year... And I won't probably be renewing after December too... =(

      Delete
    2. Oops, my bad. It was their November box last year. http://www.yettezkiedoodle.com/2012/11/29/november-2012-saladbox-unboxing-first-impressions/ :)

      Delete
  4. the hype of those beauty boxes... -_- i haven't tried any because from the posts that i've seen, they're not worth it. anyway, thank you for your honest opinion in this unboxing. and i hope you get better products on the next box :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been wanting to try Saladbox out but upon reading your November box missing I might not. The products seem ok pa naman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started using the foot cream already and the powder brush. =)

      Delete
  6. I didn't subscribe to them kase based on the other boxes that I saw much better parin ang content ng BDJ but nonetheless, mukhang ok yung brushes in this box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like the contents of BDJ box, I will be waiting out the next two boxes. =)

      Delete
  7. I know how disapointing it feels if your package arrives late. Much worse if it's not complete. I hope you'll get your November box on time, with the missing products from your October box.

    I want to try those creams especially the one for the feet. I really have dry feet. Oh, a dry skin I must say haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will never resubscribe too after Dec. I was so disappointed with Sept-Oct in "one box". Those two Sakura product, one Alyssa perfume, and just the sponge tip eye shadow and concealer brush. Pfft. I am not going to waste time reviewing them. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone here already received their Saladbox December boxes? I subscribed to their Black Friday (Nov) subscription but after almost three weeks of waiting and several emails, they told me it was sold out already and I would get the January 2014 box instead. But it's been weeks already...and for a 1st timer like me, my excitement is slowly, slowly fading :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. They've been late in delivery for almost the whole of 2013! Box addict here and I can say that they truly have a problem with their service :/

    Beauty By Tellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg akala ko ako lang ang nakakaranas ng bad service with saladbox. Hanggang ngayon wala padin akong clou manicure set. Inaaway ko na sila Kasi sayang 1500 ko. What drove me to buy are the freebies tapos wala? Tapos nakakaloka pa yung mga products nila. Now they sent me the December Box. Ngayon lang. At capsules and isang ciate lang. Ano yon? Joke? Omg they're the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, that's all they sent you? Disappointing...

      Delete