"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 16 May 2013

Outfit Post: Black and White Floral Dress

It's been a while since the last outfit post. and quite frankly I bet nobody reads my outfit posts because I look like a kid who just escaped from school. Must be because of my height. But here I am still doing crazy outfit posts especially if there are occasions when I could dress up.

So last night was our thanksgiving dinner with people at work, and people related to work, and people who we got to know through work. This is what I wore, a black floral dress from Adah Belle with black lace flats. I just brought a black blazer along just in case it was too cold, and of course, my grandmother's ever trusty leather bag which is so much older than me.



A closer look on the dress's print




Filigree Lace Earrings were to complement the lace design of my flats


Well it's really no secret that I am uber comfortable walking around in flats especially in a big venue like Astoria Plaza where our gathering was held. But do you make it a point to wear sexier heels even if it hurts throughout the night? I know a lot of women who have spent half of their lives walking effortlessly in heels- I am somewhere stuck in the middle of it...

Black Floral Print Dress: Adah Belle

Lacey Daisy Black Flats: Ziggy and Zooey 

Filigree Lace Earrings Thrifted

Photo Credits: Damon Steine 

Hype my look please? =D 

16 comments:

  1. i love the details of the dress. daisys are on of my favorite flowers on print. :) i think the dress suits you well. :) I love looking at people in dresses mostly because I don't usually have the opportunity to wear dresses and whenever I do, I back out last minute. :| At least you know how to walk in heels. I don't even own a pair. But we all need to learn sometime. :) Congratulations on the outfit post. you look lovely. thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Pat! I kinda look stunted for an already short person in flats! =D

      Delete
  2. PS. I noticed you read the sandman series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Got hooked and borrowed as many as I could! I just wish I could afford the whole library you know.. But I think that the day could come. It's really interesting how Gaiman can make stories out of legends and icons... =p

      Delete
  3. I really really love the intricate detailing of your flats! Like you, I'm stuck in the middle of wearing heels and flats to events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jannie! I am a huge sucker for laces and eyelets... Maybe someday I can walk better and more confidently in heels hehehe =D

      Delete
  4. soo pretty!! :) you look so cute in this dress.. parang si Summer Finn lang. hihihihi :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Rhea but I think I have to slim down a little... Zoey's style is also so full of adorabs! =D

      Delete
  5. Good choice of dress. Perfect for the summer... good job R. please post more looks & hey, thanks for the hype on LB... hype this look as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. like dress!
    sl

    Viernes Te Atreves?
    http://buenosdiasazaroa.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress and nice earrings. HAve a great weekend.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty dress!
    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know :)

    xxLiora
    i-wasnt-there.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice dress!

    Do you wanna follow each other on GFC? If interested let me know and I'll follow back.

    Stardust Stain Blog
    Stardust Stain on Bloglovin'
    Stardust Stain on Facebook

    Lots of love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress
    You look stunning!
    Your blog is very inspiring
    I'm following you now
    Hope you can follow back!

    Lots of love,

    April
    www.freakdelafashion.com

    ReplyDelete