"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Monday 12 August 2013

On Fragrances: Oriental Summer by Celine


Some people are really attracted to warm fragrances, and I am quite undecided. However, this does not mean that I am closing my doors on them, especially if I could learn a thing or two about warm fragrances. With my experience, I find that they make great complements in opposing weathers-warm fragrances are for winter days and nights and the cool fragrances are for the summer days and nights. Are you with me on this?

I received this years ago as a Christmas present from my close friends' mom, and I have not had the chance to wear it for a long time really. You see, I am really a cool scent person, and I even like to sniff on men's cool-scented cologne, but I don't really have that much experience with warm scents for women. You can tell that it is an authentic signature fragrance because the bottle is really durable and the scent is intact after a couple of years.


"Celine Dion's Oriental Summer fragrance for women is fresh and fruity, a citrus-rich, floral-oriental scent that wraps around a fragrant note of jasmine, mandarin, all-spice pimiento and dried fruit introductory notes rest over a hear-composed of iris and heliotrope; a base of sandalwood, amber and vanilla is purely sensual and ultra-feminine-a fresh and endearing fragrance choice for women." 

My Observations

At first whiff, the strong notes of sandalwood and pepper come to life. It is a really spicy scent that brings to life an oriental appeal of sunsets, sands and the rich and exotic scents of the East. Just looking at the bottle brings me back to the carved interiors of opulent, Byzantine interiors, (yes I have been there in my dreams! Hahaha).This would be a great scent for Christmas and for those who like woody, spicy scents. I could even have a soft spot for this during the -ber months. 

It lasts long and although the first notes could be overpowering, the tail can be sweet and musky in the end. A little spritz goes a long way, and the scent also lasts long. As you can see, the bottle makes use of sprayer and this could be a great help for those who are prone to spilling perfume all over the place. 


For more fragrances by Celine, you can visit 99 Perfume and get authentic signature fragrances so that you can save more compared to the expensive prices in malls and boutiques. 99 Perfume carries many signature fragrances and has the varieties that you are looking for such as gift sets and body lotions from your favorite perfume connoisseurs.

This is where I am being transported every time I sniff this on my wrist. I hope you get to visit these places and watch the sunsets too.


Are you feeling lucky? You can join my paperback giveaway or you can win awesome prizes from my collaboration giveaway, join one or both!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to differentiate warm from cool scented perfumes, but I think I would like this scent. You had me at vanilla :D Oh and I really like the bottle and packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it looks a little weathered and the scent surely smells of sandalwood. Kind of like digging for old spices and treasure etc. Hehehe Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete