"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Luckiest Week Perhaps


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3863607/raisie-speaks?claim=dy9uympxguz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

I can't believe the continued rush of blessings that keep coming my way. Especially if it's books.


I've had a Good Reads account for quite some time now and I join some author giveaways for fun too. So there, I click on interesting books to read, hoping I could get a free copy. I even think of writing reviews when I finish. Who would what that? Get paid for writing book reviews-that's a dream job! 

So, here I am, leaving my email open when a message finds its way in my inbox and it says Congratulations!

Well, okay, I wasn't expecting it but I won a book from a Good Reads author.See announcement here.

The Prize 


Here's what I won:


The Amadeus Net by Mark A. Rayner

Book Description: 

"Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is alive and in love, living the world's first sentient city, Ipolis. Lucky for both of them, nobody knows, but how long can it stay that way?

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart walks into the sex change clinic, determined to have his "sprouter" snipped off. So begins The Amadeus Net, a satirical novel set in the year 2028, which explors art, love, and identity at the end of the world. For more than two centuries, the one-time wunderkind has kept his existence secret while he tried to understand his immortality. Living in style through funds raised by selling "lost" Mozart works, he has also helped create Ipolis, a utopian city-state, after the cataclysmic Shudder, a global disaster caused by an asteroid strike in 2015. 

But a few complications mar Mozart's utopia. The woman he loves is a lesbian, which paradoxically, makes him forget about his sex-change plans. The world's greatest reporter knows he's still alive and will stop at nothing to expose him. The stakes are higher than he knows, because if the reporter finds him, so will the spy planning to sell Mozart's DNA to the highest bidder. Oh, and by the way, the world might end in seven days. His only allies are a psychotic American artist, a bland Canadian diplomat, and the city itself: a sapient thinking machine that is screwing up as only a sapient, thinking machine can. "

-book description taken from Good Reads

So I'm told that I will be waiting for 4-6 weeks for the book to arrive in the mail. And just like all books, I can't wait!

I'm saying thank you thank you very much to the Good Reads author Mark Rayner for the giveaway. I can't help feeling blessed that I am one of three winners.

With the blessings I've received so far, I'm thinking this is such a lucky week for me.





2 comments:

  1. It is great to know that there are still young people who read... in this digital age, I think there are only a special few!

    ReplyDelete