"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Wednesday 13 August 2014

On Fragrances: Mad and Happy with Pink Sugar Cosmetics




I guess this is one of the surprises I can ever come across with. I haven’t expected full sized products to sample and yet here they are!

Pink Sugar Cosmetics is a new brand that has been gaining attention in the bigger cities but I’m still glad that I got a chance to try out their products. As of now they have body mists in uniform sizes and have already three collections that range from the happy, fruity to naughty. I received the Mad for Melon from the Fruity Collection and the Be Happy from the Happy Collection.
Mad for Melon is “a refreshing blend of fresh melon slices and crisp champagne. The combination brings a celebratory scent for your senses.” Its style is said to be fresh, unique and crisp with sweet melon and champagne notes. 
 

There’s no denying that it’s sweet and absolutely lively. Spray this on a bleak day and you will still feel like sunshine. However the sweetness can last for a long time, too long compared to what a good old citrus-green tea lover would like. But Mad for Melon has a good blend of fruit and sweetness and can transform the mood in just a single spritz. 

 

Be Happy is “a carefree and light blend of floral extracts and a gentle hint of yellow plum. Be Happy is just right for those who don’t like strong scents”. For its style, it goes for a carefree, light and floral appeal, and features lily, white freesia, mimose and yellow plum notes. 

Be Happy has a somewhat toned-down fragrance that suggests crisp and clean notes. I would like to blame it on the freesia. This makes it just the ideal scent to spray for a leisurely time in the beach or just a walk outdoors. I honestly can’t stop sniffing it off my wrist. It also has impressive staying power. 

In all honesty, for a body mist, it actually can give the bigger names in the fragrance field quite a competition. It’s nothing overpowering and yet, it’s one of the non-green tea citrus scents that I actually like.  The cleaner, crisper tail stays behind and something tells me it is a good after-shower scent too.
Between the two, I prefer Be Happy the most but I also acknowledge that they are instant mood-lifters and are actually quite affordable. For only Php299-349 depending on the collection, the bottles all come in generous 250ml sizes. 

I like that Pink Sugar Cosmetics has dared to defy expectations and make their brand more defined, carving a niche of its own in the market. I already have high hopes for this name. So what’s next for Pink Sugar? Follow them to find out!
 



2 comments:

  1. Pretty packaging its my first time hearing about this brand thanks for sharing!

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really, really, really new brand. Thank you for dropping by! =)

      Delete