"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Tuesday 4 March 2014

On Fragrances: Bella Belara by Mary Kay

 

It took about a few years for me to finally get my hands on this scent. This has got to be my unicorn scent which I have encountered for the very first time during my college days. The only obstacle to this being my signature scent is the fact that it was so expensive for me, especially on a student budget. Now that I'm earning for myself, it finally falls on my lap and I get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work.

"More than a fragrance, Belle Belara Eau de Parfum is an exuberant floral fruity scent that evokes a beautiful feeling.

Top note: Nectarine and Apricot

Middle note: Rose Petals and Jasmine

Bottom note: Blonde Woods and Cool Moss

"You live to your fullest potential knowing that it makes you confident, happy and attractive. For the woman who lives life to the fullest, loves feeling beautiful and knows how to show her beauty with confidence and joy."

Thanks to the thoughtfulness of Ms. Epie from Mary Kay Zamboanga, I received this for my Christmas-New Year gift together with a Mary Kay @ Play Lip Gloss tube in Berry Me.


 My Observations

The bottle is sexy and it has an ombre effect of red from the top transitioning to black at the bottom- I do recall that it's the same bottle design from when the scent was launched even before the ombre effect became popular. It's simple in shape and very elegant that suits an old-world memento- the cover resembles a top hat.


As for the scent, simply describing it as fruity floral is not enough. It exudes a feeling of confidence and ambition, it is suited for the woman who believes in possibilities, it makes one realize that anything can happen and that all it takes is one moment filled with the elements of magic- that it's all just there.

The scent lasts for many hours  from initial spray- 8 hours to be exact. It starts off strong and then still leaves a subtle fragrance. It's great for formal evenings where one can hope to have a glimpse of a fantasy world that's magical and romantic. 

 I've also fancied the script font on the box.


Don't you just find women with top hats absolutely sexy?



No comments:

Post a Comment