"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Sunday 26 January 2014

Sundays Are All About Winding Down- Love, Arista

Hi! How are you doing? I hope you’re having a cool weekend! I’m Arista, a year-old chocolate Labrador who lives in a mountain-side property. Over here, there’s lots of fresh air and also grass to roll around in. If other dogs avoid water, I am the first one to launch into it and just play around. I also know how to fetch! My mommy buys me toys that don’t last for more than five minutes, but she tries. She does. 

Mommy right now is busy baking in the kitchen, and I think if I make a good show of my darling eyes, I can make her give me some of that butter cake. Since she left her laptop open, I thought I might do her a favour of narrating to you what Mommy and I did this weekend. Good thing there are photos here to support my claim on how behaved I really am, you know... 




Well Mommy just started reading this paperback version of Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday. She brought it home from a business trip last month and realized that it has been months since the last book review, so there you are. She’s also bought more stationery for writing, and Mommy has a weak spot for chocolate milk but she added ice to Swiss Miss with marshmallow instead of drinking it hot. 


There’s another haul from Sample Room that arrived this week. The package includes Probiotics fiber, Celeteque Back Acne Spray, and Calchews in Chocolate and Caramel. Mommy says that the Chocolate tastes like Tootsie Roll! 

Do you see that Reese’s sticks up there? Mommy is crazy for those. She also has two new Kit Kat flavours whose labels she can’t even read. At least I’m smart enough to say that the green one is green tea. There’s Radiant Orchid in the Human Nature eye shadow palette (which I believe is the last one ever out there) and Tropical Rose seems to be a good, healthy color on the skin. #sampleroom



Another thing that excited the both of us is the arrival of Onecklace monogram necklace in silver. Isn’t it lovely? What makes Mommy happy also makes Arista happy! Watch out for a separate post on this. #silver #jewelry #onecklace



And finally, this haul is simply for the babies. Mommy found the green silicon bone at a local supermarket. It’s supposed to clean my teeth and keep me from stealing people’s slippers here in the house. Mommy also had to make sure there’s enough stock of dog soap here at home. I also have a new pink collar. Don’t I look pretty in it? The blue one is Axle's.


See, I told you I am so behaved. Mommy allowed me to stay with her to keep her company. We went for a walk shortly after I was all fresh and clean and smelling good. Mommy has to get more shampoo for me!

 

I also went to say hi to my friends the goats at the back of the house. I promised I didn't bark or harass them. I'm a sweet baby like that.

So I guess that's it. I'm sure there will be more to follow but I do know that it's going to be a busy week for the both of us and Mommy wants to get me a bed of my own so I won't have to really stretch on the hard and cold floor. I'm trying my best to be clean all the time. 

I hope you enjoy your time with family! It's time for me to be a good girl because I smell the cake in the oven calling my name!

Love,
Arista

1 comment:

  1. Hi there lovely Arista! I wanna have a dog that is as big as you are. I only have this chubby female dachshund named Tatiana. I wish to see more of you. :)

    ReplyDelete