"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Sunday 12 January 2014

On Fragrances: Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden




I've had a crush on this scent for a really, really long time now. Ever since I have emptied my bottle of the original Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, I've been going crazy and felt restless wanting to have a substitute. I was just so darn grateful and happy when this arrived as a gift last Christmas from my  secret sponsor. Admittedly, the other ladies in my family have a crush on this scent as well.
 "Elizabeth Arden celebrates cherry blossom with her new fragrance of the Green Tea collection. Sakura or cherry blossom inspired designers of the collection to launch a new edition of the Green Tea line this spring. Cherry Blossom brings a romantic composition created of luminous citruses, cherry blossom and tree, enriched with woody warmth and sensuality."

My Observations

This is just a great year-round scent. It's very fresh and sparkly, and I welcome the floral notes on top of the green tea. I like that it's all scent and no shimmer whatsoever. Then again, Elizabeth Arden knows how to stick to the basics with just the freshest elements. I can sense a little musky base but it reflects to be something woody and then the body has just a dash of green tea. I haven't had experience with cherry blossom so there's no really telling on my part how much of the fragrance it composes.

It's lasting power is just one thing that I would like to point out. I can't get enough of the scent, it's one that I will never get tired of. But it only lasts for five hours maximum, from a couple of spritz early in the morning before leaving for work until noon break. Then if I am feeling too intent on another refreshing spritz for inspiration, there goes a couple more sprays.

The packaging is simple, also a reflection of minimalism, and the bottle is slim so it can fit in most bags. Thankfully I have not dropped it in order to see how durable the bottle is but I am hoping that won't happen... ever...

I currently have no means of going to Japan to visit the cherry blossoms and admire them in bloom. But maybe if I close my eyes and inhale the trail of this scent, I might be able to figure something out.

 
 


3 comments:

  1. Me wants the cherry blossom in Japan too. Who don't right? Even Carmina Villaruel loves it! I remember when her husband did an alternative cherry blossom venue for Carmina V. during their wedding! I guess the scent smells great by looking at the packaging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me wants the cherry blossom in Japan too. Who don't right? Even Carmina Villaruel loves it! I remember when her husband did an alternative cherry blossom venue for Carmina V. during their wedding! I guess the scent smells great by looking at the packaging! :)

    ReplyDelete