"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Tuesday 15 October 2013

I Got A Surprise for Mom's Birthday + Her Thoughts on the Pampering Gift Set

It's not really a good idea to let my Mom wait until her birthday to open her present. Once she finds out that she has presents, she opens it and there goes your pretty wrapping paper.

Originally, I bought her an October BDJ Box and hoped to get a bouquet of pink roses to go with it. But since I already scouted the contents of this month's BDJ Box, I decided to give her this one instead.She isn't really a fan of makeup, but this pampering box just hit the right spot and she is happy.

I got this really pretty ONE Naturales Forget Me Not gift box from Granton World for only Php 560. I paid with Paypal on a Monday and it arrived on a Saturday. It's my first time to shop in the said site and for every purchase, my account gains rewards. As for this first purchase, I got credited 1100 points already which I could exchange for future rewards items in the site. Not bad. Not bad at all.


You can tell why my Mom is really happy with this surprise. It's organic and has four pampering products inside. She really liked the box that is a cross between a crate for fresh produce and a cigar box. It's cute alright! Looking at it, one can get the feeling that there is an assortment of fresh goodies inside. 


Well, at least it's something similar to fresh produce. The labels on these cuties can testify! 
   


A closer look, here's something new that I am glad to have discovered today: Sweeten My Skin After Shower Skin Conditioner Bar. Instead of sticky lotion, all you have to do is use this. It smells of shea butter and the scent is really mild and refreshing. It's great for getting ready in the mornings. 


The body soap is really sweet smelling. No wonder because it's made of sweet honey. It's also said to be safe for sensitive skin. Mom doesn't have sensitive skin, but at least it won't cause her skin problems. At first whiff, she already told me she's afraid to use it because it might use it up in no time!


And to complete the box, there's body butter in Shea My Body and a body scrub in Citrus Peel. I took a peak before giving this to my Mom and it smells so darn goooooood. It's thick as far as creamy is concerned! As for the body scrub, the scrub makes use of sugar, so one would know that it makes use of organic and premium ingredients, but it's too runny and spills all over the place. It has a sharp, citrusy scent to it. 


I wish I could include a smiling photo of my Mom with her present but she is too shy. But it works for me that I went with my gut and switched presents instead. Mom is happy. =)

1 comment:

  1. Moms would be delighted to have you as their daughter, you're so sweet! :) The packaging is uber pretty. Any mom would love to have them. I've been hearing about "Granton World" on Facebook, but I've never visited the website.

    ReplyDelete