"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 3 October 2013

Crimson Portia, Hello October

I have never dedicated a post to anyone before, but I think it is  about time that I did.

Today, my grandmother is celebrating her 80th birthday and so the whole family is together, including the rest of the senior citizens in our family, to wish her a very happy birthday. Because her favorite color is red, I thought of doing my nails in red.

Red is her favorite color and I even used red on most of her invitations and labels. Thus, today's color is for her, Portia.

Here are the red, crimson red and not-so-red that I have in my vanity.


I used San San's basic transparent coat (which is fast running out) for the crimson theme, and there is Cherry Blossom and Vamp (Regular) both from Bobbie. For the more glittery version, there is the Face It Gradation Nail Kit in Very, Very Red from my Pretty Fix Collections Haul.


This is what Bobbie's Cherry Blossom looks like. Up close it looks more like a deep pink that has lots of shimmer. I've never gone to see cherry blossoms in person, but if the petals were are dark, and microscopic, I think that's what they would really look like.


As for Bobbie's Vamp in Regular, it's kind of a bit messy to apply, but hey I did it. I had to get the help of cotton buds dipped in polish remover to clean up the sides. (Admittedly the glitter takes away the attention of the messy application.... Alright you can shoot me!)


This is what Face It Gradation Nails will look like if you had short nails like me. The first polish acts as the base coat and it is more of a sheer pink than red. There is the "gradation" from itty bitty glitter, to medium sized (as seen in the middle) to the bigger sized glitter as on the tips. One thing's for sure, the Gradation Nails Kit definitely did not miss out on all the glitter. 

That's it for Crimson Portia, I am officially welcoming October on a more positive note because Mom's birthday is also coming up. Can you keep a secret? I got her a beauty box and I yet have to see how she reacts! =) 

Have an awesome weekend! 

I'm currently putting together some stuff for a giveaway and all you have to do is stay tuned so you won't miss out! 

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your grandma :) btw, I like your nail art! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never go wrong with a red polish! And happy 80th to your grandmom :)

    www.appleandbees.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second one, pink with lots of glitters! So cute!!! Btw, happy 80th birthday to your dear grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your grandmom! love the sheer pink nail art!

    ReplyDelete