"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Friday 20 September 2013

Review: HBC's San San Rosy Blush Cheek Blusher

Some time ago, I chucked out my old Human Nature blush because I already used it up and abused it in good measure back when I was still a practicing journalist for print and television. Now that I have another desk job as a technical writer, I have time to get ready in the morning and motivate myself at the vanity before I head on out the door.

A few weeks ago, I picked up the San San Rosy Blush at the HBC branch in town and got if for a really affordable price of only Php 102 or $2.55. Such a steal, I know, I know. Does blush have its benefits? Why do women treat this as a beauty essential? Let's face it, blushers offer that healthy, rosy glow, it's just a matter of choosing which blush type and color that goes with your skin tone. In order to avoid looking too pale, blushers make you look like you have been sun kissed, and alive, not to mention it also contours your face and cheeks.



I've been using it to work lately (please just allow a girl to play with a hint of color) and here are my two cents on it.


Pros
  • I was quite hesitant about the gold specks on it, but I don't see any speckles on my cheeks after application. 
  • Simple, blue case packaging
  • Easy swipes
  •  Subtle, rosy, healthy blush 
  • Absolutely affordable!
  • Stays on for long hours, from morning, lunch until coffee break 
Cons
  • No mirror in the packaging
  • Applicator brush is too small

Overall, I think it gives just the right subtle blush and it is really appropriate for work, not to mention, it is affordable, even students can readily reach for it. Also, just in case I run out, I can just head on to the nearest HBC branch and get another one. 

I have another HBC San San product I want to review before I head on to the skin care series posts. Hmm, maybe I can do that next. Have a good weekend everybody! Join my Wawaza giveaway if you are feeling lucky!  

No comments:

Post a Comment