"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 29 August 2013

“Spreading The Bouquet” Awards



Thanks to Chin for tagging me with this award! 

It’s a different version of the Liebster, but I am still not passing up any opportunity to tag new and old bloggers- or simply people I want to get to know a little bit more. 

I am tagging the following bloggers:
1.       Pauchee
2.       Damon
3.       Jemm
4.       Patricia
5.       Jannie
6.       Aviva

7 Interesting Things About Yourself

1.       I live in a farmhouse with at least ten dogs, pigs and goats running all over the place. 

2.       I now work for the government and have to deal with two different writing styles for professional outputs-pressured!
3.       Even if I am a big fan of books and other genres of literary forms, I now invest more time in reading Technical Reports , Project Proposals drafting and writing and other more technical aspects of writing.
4.       Authors I truly admire are:
a.       Virginia Wolfe-stream of consciousness
b.      Ernest Hemingway
c.       Scott Fitzgerald
d.      Gabriel Garcia Marquez-magical realism
e.      Jose Saramago
f.        Ursula Le Guin-Nebula Prize for Science Fiction
g.       Haruki Murakami
h.      Nick Bantock
i.         JRR Tolkien
j.        John Green
k.       Gregory Maguire
l.         Umberto Eco-this guy drives me nuts!

As for the newcomers in contemporary literature- I am somewhere in the middle of the fence and I still have to look for unique writing styles that really stand out. 

5.       I had an obsession with reading all of Shakespeare’s work when I was in high school.
6.       I hoard all Stephen King books that I can find on a bargain and try my best not to read them at night because my head can get the better of me sometimes, I even become scared to go the bathroom when it’s dark, something might show up from behind the shower curtains…


7.       Speaking of the bathroom, I have a weakness for clean tiles in bathrooms…=)
 
I still have two giveaways if you are interested to join.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I hoard Stephen King books too. I used to go to Booksale for them. Now I have a large collection on my phone (excluding those from 2012 to now). I never knew he wrote that many books. Haha! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me Rais. I hope I could do this but I doubt 'cause of backlogs on my blog. Meh! Anyway Thanks again! Had fun reading yours! :)

    ReplyDelete