"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Monday 22 July 2013

Post Exam Mini Haul

Over the weekend, I prepared myself for an exam which took the whole day. Admittedly, exams can be stressful and it could drain the energy of an examinee especially if it is a battery of tests. But I am still glad that I have supportive people surrounding me.

This is what a really thoughtful person gave me- a mini haul to reward myself after a rainy day filled with IQ questions and Psychological testing.


Paganini Makeup Brush Travel Size 
Bobbie Nail Polish in Cherry Blossom 
Bobbie Magnet-ficent Nail Polish

I really enjoy finding and testing affordable beauty items without having to spend a ridiculous amount of money. And when I say affordable, the brush set contains the essentials and costs only Php 65, Bobbie Nail Polish in Cherry Blossom Php 30, and then Bobbie Magnet-ficent Nail Polish for another Php 35. Total damage is only Php 130. 

I'm pretty proud with this mini haul. Not only is this super affordable, it is also a thoughtful gift from someone really special to me. 

 


Can you believe that the lesser known, MiC brush set is more expensive that this Paganini makeup brush travel sized set? I'm glad that the helpful lady was able to point this out as a third option when I was surveying the brushes. 


This is a shade I haven't tried yet. Tried it on J's middle finger last night, though it looks good in the evening, even cute. But when the morning light comes in, I have to sort of re-evaluate if this is a vacation-wise shade. 


Alright, this does not have a shade name, just a code and number. It has a brown-coffee shade that I like that's similar to Gingerbread. I did not succeed in making the magnet pattern but I could give it another try.

So that's about it for my mini haul. What did you do this weekend? You can still join my Firmoo giveaway here and win free spectacles from the classic series! Have a good day! =D 



3 comments:

  1. everyone deserves an overhaul before and after important milestones in life... I am still conservative and stick to the peach-pink nail colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Doc! I still have a hangover from the nude nails that are not too distracting during exams hehe

      Delete
  2. thank you for the blog visit. Glad my tutorial inspired you to use them bottles.

    ReplyDelete