"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Currently Reading: Strange Pilgrims by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I'm on a hold right now from reading because I have a ton of writing tasks that are too technical and just getting the facts straight is tricky alone. Another thing is that Momsy is on travel and she brought the digicam and tablet with her which puts my reading on hold too and that leaves me with more beauty products review without any suitable photos to use just yet.

Behind the scenes, I am babysitting our one-year old Fiona. She whines every thirty seconds. But I still let her rest on my lap and cover her with a blanket when she feels cold.


So, I shall wait for my ebook library to arrive then and write as fast as I can on those technical reports and writing tasks. But for next month my reading group in Goodreads have chosen Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita for the discussion. Momsy is reading Tolstoy right now. Does this mean I should go for an actual ebook reader instead of just a tablet?

Ok, ok, ok, currently reading (but put to a halt) Strange Pilgrims by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. (I can't believe I still have not posted my review on Tom Rachman's The Imperfectionists...)

G.G. Marquez is an old-favorite of mine, I got to collect and read many of his novels except Strange Pilgrims. Everybody else knows that I like to read his works, but every time someone goes out of town and passes by the bigger bookstores, I am always unlucky. Now that I have the ebook, it went traveling without me. But I can still wait...

In the meantime, here is a compilation of all the splendid book covers for your inspiration. I've always had his books in Random House editions, but there are other book covers that are even more impressive.






 What are you currently reading, avoiding, completing? 
Follow me on Bloglovin? 

4 comments:

  1. I've read Love in the Time of Cholera and Of Love and Other Demons. :-) Unfortunately, I don't have a book to read right now. I recently finished Why We Broke Up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's the author of Why We Broke Up Jemm? My Mom really loves LTOC. I haven't read pa Of Love and Other Demons. Interested in more ebooks? =D

      Delete
  2. I have other readings to read these days... and they are related to work. (not so interesting, huh?) I really appreciate those who love reading...thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Doc! I try to read as much as I can but sometimes my eyes irritate me already. Hehehe

      Delete