"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 16 August 2012

Rants and Raves August 2012


Dear friends,

I have to admit that I’ve been online the past weeks and haven’t really been blogging. I was busy doing other tasks on the net that I just have enough time to check Facebook, Twitter, comment on a few blogs and log out. I also can’t believe I missed my supplier’s announcement about new book arrivals. Then again, I can’t believe I also wasn’t around when the only game I patronized in Facebook shut down. Where was I when RC bid goodbye to the rest of its players? Making my way from Cebu to Ormoc, Leyte-that’s where.

But I guess the purpose of this post is to assure that I’m still alive, albeit still doing something else while I have one hand on the keyboard, the other still writing notes, and my brain still wandering about what’s left to do, I think there’s enough to pacify me that I may or may not have what it takes to keep this corner going.

I think it’s also another affirmation that this is still my corner where I get to express what I’m feeling and what my plans, thoughts and ideas are. No matter what, that name and address still has my mark. This corner is not just merely about going with the flow of what other bloggers do, but it’s also an extension of my identity and I will keep doing what I came here for to do: letting out my rants and raves. It’s really not about striving to be what I’m not, but what I am.

Blogging today is so far away from what blogging was back then in 2005 when Friendster and Multiply had meaning among friends in college. I think some of my friends got scared that one way of revealing their emotions were to sneak up on their respective Friendster and Multiply accounts and the next day our personal comments would be different when we see each other in campus compared to what we have previously commented on each other’s blogs.

Back then, a blog was an electronic diary; the documenting outlet of life’s experiences- where J went for her vacation with the younger siblings, what K was drinking last night and how he was wooing the moon after a heartbreak, what A did to cram for her finals in a major subject. Darn, I miss reading those. Only one blog name still stays in my memory but I am afraid to enter it into the search engine and finding out if it were already deleted, no longer updated, or simply just at a standstill. He called me crazy in that blog of his and I never quite forgave him there, but who could deny that teensy-weensy fact that I am?

What happened to all the other blogs? To all the other online diaries my friends maintained? We were the first users of Friendster and Multiply-communicating and uploading crazy memories in albums back when the biggest flash drive was only 2gb and blogs were an intimate network of sorts. Today, it’s far removed from that.

Thus, I might flood this corner again with so many other book reviews- of books which many people might not have read or won’t have the intention of actually reading. But here I am still writing down my thoughts.

What else?

Beauty buys? Maybe. To satisfy kikay me.

Clothing? Maybe. To satisfy meticulous me.

Rants and raves? Yes. To pacify stubborn me.

I guess I should excuse myself already. Pardon me for destroying your eyes, if any of you found yourselves at this point already, thank you for listening.

Events in my life have a tendency of unfolding and presenting circumstances with two sides to every story.

P.S. I can’t promise this to be the last post about pointless thoughts, but then again, that’s what this blog is here for after all. 

So sorry for the heavy text post. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ma'am Rais! Totally agree with you. Most of my friends used to keep blogs before and now none of them are into it anymore. I kinda miss those days...

    Anyway, thanks for following me. Followed you back. :D
    http://thedracoprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete