"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 5 July 2012

Polka + Charm + Books to Read This Weekend

There are times when I feel a little kikay and want to dress up a little. But there are times when I feel so lazy that I just want to jump into shorts and a comfy old shirt and stay in bed and ignore all my responsibilities. So, yesterday was one of those kikay days.

I'm just sharing an outfit post because I am absolutely in love with my top and charm necklace. It's just one of those rare moments when someone actually took a photo of what I'm wearing. Hahaha. Talk about lucky. Lol.


John Lennon at the back, yup that's him! 

Polka Floral Top from Paris Dreams
Levi's Faded Jeans
Summer Cardigan thrifted
Cutey Bracelet
Cosy Red Slippers
Writer's Charm Necklace from Beaded Jewelry


Showing off my Writer's Charm Necklace from Beaded Jewelry

I won't be anywhere without my glasses. And what to do with them? Rejoice because I found some treasures in someone else's bookshelf! Hahaha. 

I never get tired of acquiring new books! I'm waiting for my new ones to arrive.


This came in a box with some other children's books. 


Could it be? Yes it is! 

J handed this to me. First page and I couldn't stop. Just because it's old does not mean it's ugly. 
It's not my copy but I'm glad to have started reading. I should be reading this while on holiday so no one will be interrupting me. 



I'm a few pages away from finishing this one. It's the first time I read a Jerry Spinelli book and I must say, it's really colorful and an urban legend on its own. Upcoming book review maybe?

Have a great weekend everyone! 



11 comments:

  1. awww.. so cute! :D I actually love your top too! and that charm necklace!! hihihihi <3

    P.S. love the books.. how I wish I love reading as much as you do too. hahaha... unfortunately, weather weather lng ang mood ko sa pagbabasa XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry Rhea, it's a daily struggle for me pag busy that I can't lift a book to read especially if I come home tired. But I still collect and read. =D

      Delete
  2. You should get a kindle! I have one and I finished reading The Hunger Games trilogy in 3 days! I just couldn't put it down. When I did, I always gave in to the urge to pick it up and start reading again. It's so lightweight and easy to use :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anj! Yep, having one will be a great relief, but I'm still the old-school reader (with childish ambitions of being a book store owner) hahaha. Thanks for dropping by! =D

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of books Raisie! :D Nice top BTW :) I love a good read over the weekends since I normally finish a book in a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Stargirl and Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. You should try to read those books too. Really loved that series :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanap pa ako copy Mich, it's my first encounter with Spinelli, and by the way he writes, I think I will look for more titles under his belt... =D

      Delete
    2. Sayang I have Love, Stargirl with me. No Stargirl, which is the first book :( Let me know if you want me to send it to you hehehehe

      Delete
  5. Interesting books. :))
    I hope to find like those and read 'em this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monde! Just a stroke of luck, some are borrowed, some I "borrowed" hahahaha. =D

      Delete