"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Read and Currently Reading

I'm actually being pressured this week, with deadline of writing outputs nearing.

Just a quick update then on my reading list, I have finished this: 


Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel (1989)

And started on this:


The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (1994)

Its first few chapters have already shocked and surprised me, because I wasn't expecting such an incident like that strange call to happen, it had an eerie feel to it. But then, I'm not even near a quarter of the book yet. 

What are you reading this week? Let me know down in the comment box! =p 



6 comments:

  1. I've read Like Water for Chocolates back when I was in university. Such a fiery and passionate book. Hehehe Not a fan of Murakami :( He makes me fall asleep. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yung descriptions parang semi-erotica I have to agree. Murakami naman di ko pa natapos but read other books na got me attached to him somehow. =)

      Delete
  2. Oh! you're reading Wind up!!! My name appears there! :D BTW thank you for the visit and the comment on my blog. Re: your question, I'm sorry but instant coffee won't do because instant coffee would be diluted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by! I just followed you on Google Connect! =)

      Delete
  3. looove Like Water for Chocolate. :-) yun ang naaalala ko everytime i read The Hungry Giant's posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, Gio's posts are always mouth-watering and very classic.

      Delete