"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Thursday 24 May 2012

Breaking The Rules: Do You have to Match Your Bags and Shoes?

I think it was my grandmother who told me that one of the rules of dressing up is to match your bags and shoes.

What?

Match your bags and shoes.

I think she meant wearing the same color family for your bags and shoes, and this was a rule even my mom followed. So if women were also quite fashion conscious, (and have the money to do so,) a lot of matching could be done. But I guess during Lola's time, it was not a problem since the purchasing power of the peso still had its strength. And if we were given the luxury, we could be doing this:


I think my grandma would say this one is for weddings


Purple is royalty's color


Black and gold never fails


A blue satin number for a date?


Red satin for the red carpet or is it too much?


Take a pick between the black... 


Or blue studded match... 


Or beige will do




Care for some florals?

But what of breaking the rules?

Honestly, I can't afford to follow the rules. 

But if it's breaking the rules we are talking about, let's see how Helena Bohnam Carter breaks the rules. 


Mismatched shoes for a floral satin and tulle dress on a formal event


If you're an athlete, you can break the rules too as long as they are Nike 


Polkas join in the rule breaking


They belong together, not quite mismatched


Even little girls are allowed to mismatch


Pastel mismatched in wedges


Primary color mismatch



Can't make up whether to go with red or blue 


Mishap or intentional mismatch? Try dancing in those

Do you follow or break the rules? Let me know! =p

10 comments:

  1. i love the 2nd to the last photo! cuteness overload! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen some kids unintentionally mismatch. Haha. Charms I followed you back na! =)

      Delete
  2. haha i don't mix and match my shoes and bags kasi magmumukha akong nanay o lola (if formal events)! haha joke lang.. pero depende lang talaga. if casual, okay lang sa akin. basta formal, NOOOOO. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meron ata not-so-lola or nanay shoes and bags for formal events. Sometimes all I go for is black. Black shoes, black bag para tapos na ang kwento. Haha. =)

      Delete
  3. My mommy told me that, too! But I wasn't really that much of a lady and I kept on using sneakers and back packs so...
    But yeah, I agree with Ate April. Formal events always called for matching bag and shoes. Especially under mommy's strict eyes haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama ka talaga, mga nanay talaga like to keep it that way. Paminsan I follow, sometimes I don't. =)

      Delete
  4. I've heard of this rule before too from my mom! hahaha I guess dati ganon. But now, I quite enjoy experimenting with different colors. An outfit is more interesting when the elements aren't too matchy-matchy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, and you won't have to worry about this bag isn't matching with your shoes, or aren't the right color. =)

      Delete
  5. nice blog sweety, what about following each other? :)

    www.viewrama.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete