"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
-Unknown

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Baking Tools Mini Haul and Treats for Doggies

Been busy but it's been fun.

I decided to surprise my Mom yesterday after we parted ways. Her hobby is baking and she enjoys baking cakes for the weekend and taking orders from her office mates for functions, birthdays and some special events. Her craze lately is the buco pie.

But she has been complaining about not having an oven thermometer to use at home. I think she has trouble with the dials and reading on the thermostat in the oven when it becomes too warm. She also says that most of the baking supply stores here in Zamboanga don't have good oven thermometers. Another problem, our big whisker seems not to cooperate with her whenever she whisks cream and the buco pie filling. I know it's too old and it needs to retire from the many years it has served the kitchen, so she expressed desires of having to replace it soon.

Luckily, I decided to go to do a pit stop at Mindpro grocery to pick up some yoghurt yesterday afternoon and I spotted an oven thermometer and a nine-inch whisker. Good thing I had enough money in my wallet and decided to surprise my Momsy, this month being Women's International Month and all.


And she was delighted to have these brand new tools for her baking.


 ( 9-inch wire whisker at Php80 from Mindpro grocery)

(Oven thermometer at Php258 also from Mindpro grocery)

And I got these chew toys for the puppies at home. Total cost (or damage) is about Php200 from the Pet Grocery in Campaner Street. 

It might be too early for Mother's Day but Mama just did some pagpaparinig that she wants a Lazy Susan for her cake decorating someday. This will require some participation from Papa. He eats all of the baked goods anyway. 

Happy Thursday to everyone! I will be blog hopping soon! =p

7 comments:

  1. i really want to learn how to bake. my mom bakes well too but she hasn't been baking for a long time now so i want to have formal skills training for this :)) hope i'll be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kai, that's also the same story with my Momsy, but lately she forced herself to bake and now she can't stop. We all begin with baby steps, and I hope someday you would start too. =)

      Delete
  2. With the exception of Mindpro, baking supplies stores don't really carry a lot of equipment, but when it comes to ingredients, pretty decent naman. haha but I think between the grocery and bloomingdale's 3rd floor, the latter has more equipment. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And at more affordable price tags, right Gio? Hehe. What are your latest offerings now? (More drooling photos) Go, go, Gio! =p

      Delete
  3. uy my mom likes to bake too! bili din kaya ako! :)) Hahahaha

    - Mich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich, I think you have a wider selection of tools and gadgets there. Sige, let's be nice to our Moms hehe.

      Delete
    2. She wants me to buy her seaweed / nori coz she's into making sushi right now. haha Apparently, it's not widely available in zambo so im buying her that before i go home this april :D

      Delete